The Gift of Your Time
Our volunteers are the heart of Hospice of the Upstate. Without their help, Hospice of the Upstate would not be the successful program that it is today. Our team of volunteers contributes countless hours and performs a multitude of tasks.
No matter whether they are stuffing envelopes, filling the bird feeders, or sitting at the patient’s bedside, our volunteers tell us they receive much more from their experiences then they can give us. Hospice of the Upstate is so blessed to have volunteers that serve with selfless dedication and who inspire us every day.
Volunteer Positions Available
Administrative / Office Support
- Provide support to our administrative team in the Rainey Hospice House or Sadler Center
Special Events/ Community Outreach Volunteer
- Assist with community programs and events that raise funds and community awareness.
Patient Care and Support
- Provide companionship and support to HOTU patients and families in their homes, nursing homes, or Rainey Hospice House.
- Provide companionship and support to people who have lost a family member or friend.
- Warmly welcome all visitors to Rainey Hospice House and assist with questions.
11th Hour Volunteer
- Seasoned volunteer that provides a peaceful presence at the bedside of a patient who is near death
Check out our newest program for ways your civic group, church, or other organization can get involved. No special training requirements!
How to Become a Volunteer
Hospice of the Upstate is always looking for great new volunteers. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please email your information to our Volunteer Coordinator, Carrie Pannell at [email protected]. Our volunteers must pass a background check, interview with our Volunteer Coordinator, successfully go through volunteer training, and participate in necessary medical requirements.
Thank you so much for you interest in volunteering with Hospice of the Upstate! Volunteers are an irreplaceable part of our organization!